Saturday, September 1, 2012

20 months (and 6 weeks!)

My little baby is not so little anymore, he's 20 months today! He's the joy of our lives, and I want to give a little summary of where he is at.

Teeth: he has 11, and I think the 4th molar is about to come through.
Sleeping: Sleeps through the night since we sorted him out after coming back from holidays. I can't recommend that book highly enough!
Eating: He eats everything, of course he has his preferences, but overall he's happy to try new things. Still no nuts as such for him, we just don't have many in the house in general I suppose! He's on two bottles a day (breakfast and night-time).
Talking: He is a chatterbox though it's not too clear to us what he says most of the time. He has though a lot of words which we now understand very well, most of them are in English, bar a few that are in Italian. It's very funny. He understand very well both languages.
Walking: Not a problem there, he's mostly running now in fact. He's becoming more and more adventurous and climbs chairs, tables, sofas etc. Of course he goes up the stairs too, a bit more reluctant in coming down. We still don't let him go up or down on is own though.
General behaviour: He is a very very sweet boy, very affectionate and generally quite obedient, he has his moments of course, but for now we didn't have too many tantrums. He's using his soother only at night and sleeping time, so he's growing out of it. In the creche he's in the last of the wobblers room, he'll stay there till he's two and then will move to the toddler room. He still uses the loo anytime we bring him there, we are not toilette training at all yet, but when we are at home that's where he does his business most of the time.

And I'm 6 weeks today! Nothing to report, the occasional very minor spotting still happens, and when I'm saying minor I mean it's only a hint on TP sometimes in the evening which I think may be connected to the progesteron suppositories. I have no reason to think something is wrong. I did go through a day or two where I thought that the sac looked very low in the uterus (you know...I pretend I'm an ultrasound expert!) so in the end I texted the Fav Doc who responded very quickly telling me off for being on the internet too much, that the sac is where it should be and to just stop. So I did. On tuesday we'll see how things are progressing, I think I feel a bit different this time from when I was expecting Oliver, the nausea seems a bit more (mostly every second day) and definitely the bad taste in my mouth is very prominent. I wonder if it may be a girl this time. I tested again this morning (as per clinic requirement) and the test is the same as last week. So this control line that should disappear isn't happening and I start thinking that it's a random thing depending on how much die they put in. My test line is very strong, comes up instantly. That's all I can say, and sure we'll know more on tuesday.

Next week the first years college students are arriving...let's the madness begin!!

6 comments:

Valery said...

hugs! Good for you for texting the doctor and listening to the answer! I know, it is always easier to get worried than to get reassured. Every scan is another step, and I think for now it is your job to think quiet heartbeaty thoughts.
A few more days...
holding high hopes for Penguin,
xx VV

Mina said...

Oliver sounds delightful. And Penguin too. :-)
Take care.

Elle said...

Isn't it sad how quickly kids grow? I just wish they could stay small a little longer, take a little more time to grow. Its unfair how quickly time passes once they get here.

Glad to hear everything is going so well with the pregnancy! Keep it up!

erika said...

20 and 6 - great update! Oliver is doing fantastic! Great job on him already getting bilingual. I will be very interested in following your story on that one (too).
FX for a great first u/s peeking at the Personal Penguin.
Much love, erika

Jem said...

Which book on sleep do you recommend? Glad you and Penguin are doing well.

Alex said...

20 months and 6 weeks! I love it! Sounds like all is well for both Oliver and Penguin!!!