Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hello Deng (beta update)

Signs started being more positive in the last couple of days. Yesterday I even won 5 solitaires in a row (thanks to Mina for reminding me about the cards game!) and the number 8 ball upon being asked the question "Will I get a BFP tomorrow?" answered "Decidedly so". The physical symptoms also became a bit more difficult to ignore, two nights in a raw I woke up in a sweat, that only happened to me during pregnancy, but still, maybe the progesterone does the same.
In any case, last night I also had THE dream that it was positive.

And this morning it was positive. Second line definitely there, not very strong at all, but I don't have to squint to see it.



It's 9dp5dt, we are cautiously optimistic (very cautiously). It was a FET and the blast didn't look that good or at least not that expanded like we had with Oliver. I'm going to try and go for bloods today and monday, I don't think they'll be able to process today sample till monday, but I am at such a high risk for ectopic I don't want to delay any investigation. It's funny how depending on your past experience the priority after seeing a positive test change. For most is to have a baby at the end of it, for me, still, is trying not to end up in emergency surgery.

Went in for beta this morning and the clinic already called. 25. What a number, eh? We just have to wait and see how it goes on monday, Fav Doc was very happy, but she always is. I would have been happier with a 40.  Never straight forward with us, hold on tight for this new ride.

16 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my god, how exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Valery said...

No squinting needed at all, I can see the second line easily! I know this is just as scary as happy, from now on the stakes are higher. Sorry you have to go through this, this thinking howmuch andbadly things could go, just to have a chance to follow the path to a little wonderful miracle.
Cheering for you,
form Amsterdam with love
V

Michele said...

I see it!!!! Hoping for the best and sending much love your way!! Happy for you guys!

:- ) said...

Stay positive! So excited for you. Im a long time follower and i will soon venture into IVF soon as i get enough money.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the following is a true story....

Em, our dog, who sleeps in our bedroom, woke me up this morning at 4:30 am...because she was snarling in her sleep. I got up, covered her back up with a blanket, went to the bathroom...and then got back into bed. I tossed and turned for a while, and decided to do a little blog reading on my iPad.

I scanned a few posts, and came across yours. When I saw the picture, I squeaked a little and did a quick dance of happiness (in bed). This woke up McRuger, who thought I was having a nightmare. When I told him that you got a positive pregnancy test...he said the following:

"That's great news, but I'll be much more excited in the morning, now, go back to sleep."

Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep...so now I'm awake and commenting on your exciting post!

As for the update...keep positive and I'll be sending you all my happy thoughts!!!

TeeJay said...

I am so very happy for you! I will join you in being cautiously optimistic while doing the happy dance. :-) fingers crossed for a great rise on Monday.

Life Happens said...

Yay!! I will pray for raising beta numbers for you. So happy!!! After that exerience you had with the transfer, this is so awesome!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Lemon said...

Wahoo! Positive is positive! Can't wait for more good news!

Momasita said...

Cautious congrats! I will be thinking of you until you get your next beta back.

Mina said...

Yoohoo! So very happy for you! Hoping to hear only good news from now on!
Hugs

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Stopping by from Rain's place. Congrats! I will be praying and keeping everything crossed that those numbers continue to rise just the way they should!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh a second line and a 25! Keeping you and your little one in my thoughts!!!
Love,
Maddy

erika said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey:) I am soooooooooooo super excited for you guys! That little Embie is doing a great job. Keep it up, little guy! Fingers crossed for a nice HCG curve to help you to relax about the ectopic. I know it is so scary until that first reassuring u/s. Hang in there, Fran! this is looking very promising!!!

Kim said...

Saying positive and excited for you. Nothing lie being kept on your toes :)

jill's infertility document said...

Oh yay, Fran. YAY!!! I know that positive hpts and positive betas do not mean viable pregnancy, but I am still very excited for you. I hope the good news continues!

Maisara said...

Hi!

I have been reading your entries and I have to say that your story gives me hope. I am starting out with low beta as well at 12dp2dt at 48.5.

All I pray is for good doubling numbers. Thanks so much for sharing your story.