Sunday, April 24, 2011

16 weeks, Christening and Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!

My little one was 16 weeks yesterday and the Christening went very well! All of Mike's family joined us with his sister and BIL being God-parents. The ceremony on Ester Vigil was beautiful, and Oliver wore the Christening robe that Mike wore at his! Now, not my style at all but I understand traditions! Here's a pic from last night (do you see how blue his eyes still are?)



As milestones go, Oliver is now a pro at lifting his head when on his tummy! Wohoo! Still not really liking it but not crying as much. And he's definitely attempting to roll over (onto his right side) which causes major migrations in his crib and then he gets stuck quite often sideways. Quite funny to see! He's a big smiler and very chatty too! He's very interested in his toys and we think he's now intentionally grabbing things too (like my hair for example). He loves his baby rice and next week we'll start introducing sweet potatoes and then apples. One thing is that he's waking up much earlier these days, not really hungry I think, just bored to be in his crib (or stuck with his head on the side of the crib!)

And mommy yesterday had a pampering massage which was a gift of the Ultimate Vet Hero! She got one too and we had a lovely time together. Today will be a quiet day in our household, I'm pushing for the wooden floor in the attic to be put down...we'll see.

Finally, I'm loving being back on ICLW! I've already met new friends!

22 comments:

Angela and David said...

He's beautiful! And his eyes are just stunning.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog.

Kakunaa said...

I really can't get over how different he looks now that he has filled out. So cute! And thank you for the pep talk! I very well remember your post and wondering how that disconnect could be possible...now I know!

Anonymous said...

hey there, I just wanted to thank you for your kind words on my blog. Seeing you holding that gorgeous boy gives me a lot of hope. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

rebecca said...

Happy Easter & Christening!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words, they meant a lot! Oliver is a beautiful baby and you look so happy! I'm glad to see that life has been treating you well. Hope you enjoy the Easter holiday and the rest of ICLW:)

Baby Hopes said...

What a sweetheart!!! He's absolutely beautiful! :)

Kim said...

Happy Christening to the little guy! Also, love the new look of your blog!

Ms2Mrs..back to Ms said...

Awww what a totally cutie. Happy Easter to you as well!

Anonymous said...

Here from ICLW (#54). Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

I have to say, I see the phrase "miracle baby" over and over again, but those words really do apply to you and your story. What a sweet little fella. He is precious and I know you're so thankful he is with you.

Alex said...

What an adorable picture of the two of you - you both look great!!!

Reedu said...

Yay for a massage and for 16 weeks and for returning to ILCW. Thanks for coming by my blog, I look forward to returning to yours...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! I think it's so special that Oliver wore the same Christening gown that his Daddy wore. That's really nice, and I'm sure it meant a lot to Mike's family. Oliver really is getting so big! Such a handsome baby. Speaking of massages, I keep saying I'm going to treat myself to one. Now that you've had one, I am more convinced it's the thing to do!

Chelle said...

How wonderful! What a great weekend to be blessed too. I can't believe he has gotten so big. And you, my dear, look fantastic. It makes me smile to see pictures of you so happy with your little guy.

DandelionBreeze said...

Thanks for you gorgeous comment on my blog and lovely to 'meet' you through ICLW :) Congratulations on the birth of your little one... love the photo from the Christening :)) He's divine... love to you and your family for Easter xoxo

Amber said...

Your little boy is SO adorable!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog- sorry to surprise you with crazy rat pictures... :)

Happy ICLW!

LisaB said...

Happy Easter and ICLW! What a little cutie pie!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and lending support.

Heather said...

He is so cute. I read your long story on the side. Wow, you have really been through a lot to get where you are now. I am so glad things have worked out for you.

Momasita said...

Congratulations on the milestones! and, on 16 weeks. It's a beautiful picture of the two of you.

erika said...

Beautiful baby boy! Congratulations on his Christening!

Anonymous said...

Oliver is a cutie pie! We have a cat named Oliver :)
Ruby hated tummy time for a long time and then one day, voila!, she did it with no problems. I am guessing that I have daycare to thank for that one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy ICLW!

Laurie

Kelli said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your Oliver sure is a cutie!

Eileen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photo! I cannot believe he is 16 weeks already! What a cutie pie!

Michele said...

he's absolutely adorable!@