Sunday, June 7, 2009

A new cycle begins

I didn't have a minute to post yesterday so I couldn't update with my latest news. AF has arrived! After the negative HPT I was still a bit worried that maybe the b**ch was goign to play even more tricks on me and keep me waiting a few more days. I was contemplating the idea of calling the clinic tomorrow and see what I could do to bring the period along. But every IF friend knows that it's nearly mathematical: the minute you POAS, giving in to the most evil temptation, and after the exact 3 minutes (or ten!) that shatters every final hope to see a hint of a line, the twinges start. I had to wait a full day in fairness.
Ah well. I knew it anyway. So tonight I'll go back on the pill for 4 weeks (counting the days already) and then I'll have my first scan on the 9th of July. Any tips for avoiding (or minimising) fluid retention for the next four weeks will be welcomed!

I had also mentioned that Mike was going to do a spermatic DNA fragmentation test (just linked to one of a million clinics that explains what it is). Of course he left the call until last friday and the first slot available with the clinic is on the 7th of July. It'll take two weeks to get the results back (the clinic actually ships the sample to Denmark) and by then I would be close to the egg retrival! Needless to say I was quite pissed. Totally pointless to spend 400 euro this time around. No matter the result we will have to go ahead and I rather not know at that point if it's bad news. Anyway, we are going back to Italy on the 21st of June and my home city is very advanced on assisted reproduction, so I emailed a couple of private clinic to see if we can get it done there. We'll see.

Finally, a very warm welcome to C to my blog! I have my fifth follower!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I manage to fix the comment problem? Obviously I'm not a wizard! :o)

Momasita said...

Glad AF arrived and you don't have to play a guessing game any longer. My hubby did the DNA fragmentation test too - we should have the results in a couple of weeks. I swear though, if I hadn't kept bugging him about it, it would not have happened!